Thursday, June 8, 2017

Cover Lover- The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love

These are my personal choices, books can be published traditionally or self-published- I'm only interested in the art choices. I would love to hear what you think of these covers, so please leave comments.

Today's pick is a library find... 




The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash
Jacket photograph by Dolly Faibyshev, Book Design by Lucy Ruth Cummins

This book screamed at me! It is so sad and romantic at the same time. Poor geek boy slumped on a bench wearing his super hero costume. His knee high red socks are pulled all the way up and his mask is hanging aimlessly around his neck.  He has flowers, balloons and a box of chocolates at the ready. Plus, no geek would be complete with out their pet dragon! A true work of art. I would totally have dated him in high school. The choice to make it a photo instead of a portrait was a great decision.





1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I will have to check this one out. Hope the story lives up to the cover.

    ReplyDelete